Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
kia ceed 2007 1.6 petrol hatch back
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I'm new here and hope to find some help.
I have a kia ceed 2007 1.6 petrol hatch back.
Few days ago the battery went flat, after charging a while the car started and no issues with the battery start every time fine.
BUT
since then the central locking won't work, no tail lights (break lights works) no window wiper on speed 1 on the front (higher speed wipes as should), no dashboard lights and seat belt alarm and no electric windows. Had the EPS alarm on for a while but its gon back to normal.
I checked both internal and external fuse boxes and found no faulty fuses.
Last year I had similar but somehow the problem solved itself. Now this exist for few days and doesn't getting better. Does someone has ide what it could be?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo // 2020 Sportage LX FWD
463 Posts
Hello everyone
I'm new here and hope to find some help.
I have a kia ceed 2007 1.6 petrol hatch back.
Few days ago the battery went flat, after charging a while the car started and no issues with the battery start every time fine.
BUT
since then the central locking won't work, no tail lights (break lights works) no window wiper on speed 1 on the front (higher speed wipes as should), no dashboard lights and seat belt alarm and no electric windows. Had the EPS alarm on for a while but its gon back to normal.
I checked both internal and external fuse boxes and found no faulty fuses.
Last year I had similar but somehow the problem solved itself. Now this exist for few days and doesn't getting better. Does someone has ide what it could be?
Sounds like the issues others have complained about on this forum regarding the BCM body control module. Most are located under the dash. That is just a guess, my first look would always be fuses and relays, and I mean every single one before pulling the dash

·
Registered
kia ceed 2007 1.6 petrol hatch back
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Rio-t
5hanks for reply, I found it too as checked some service manuals and the list of the functions controlled by the BCM.
All missing function listed.
I have checked all the fuses they seems to be OK, couldn't removed the relays as I was afraid to break them.
I believe to change the BCM isn't a simple swap over but tell me if I'm wrong. Never done it before. Any advice?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo // 2020 Sportage LX FWD
463 Posts
Hello Rio-t
5hanks for reply, I found it too as checked some service manuals and the list of the functions controlled by the BCM.
All missing function listed.
I have checked all the fuses they seems to be OK, couldn't removed the relays as I was afraid to break them.
I believe to change the BCM isn't a simple swap over but tell me if I'm wrong. Never done it before. Any advice?
Thanks,
I know on a lot the kia cars (not sure about yours) that the BCM is underneath the dash. That is a bit of a pain to remove the dash (most people wont do it). Once you access to the BCM it is just a black box with a few wirring harnesses pluged into it. Unplug, unbolt and switch. That part is simple. I would for sure check ALL fuses and relays before purchasing any part. Also depending on your car you must be careful. Your BCM may have anti theft controls that will need the dealership to flash.

Perhaps when your battery died you BCM simply needs reflashed and is not broken. Again, I'm not sure about you model. Check all plugs around your fuse box in the cabin to ensure tight fit. All connection around battery for tight fit. I would do more trouble shooting before buy the BCM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.