Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed LS 1.6 cdi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So once you get a blown bulb on a headlamp or dipped beam, it made sense to collect a set of all the bulbs and replace them at the same time, because although not difficult, it does take an hour or so including cursing removing and replacing both headlamp units to work on.
Theres no way to do this in situe unless blessed with hands size of a 5 year old and dextrity of an acrobat , and skills of a brain surgeon , that you would ever get to all the lamps to change without removing the headlamp first.
My sincere thanks to this poster for the pictures on how to do this part.

vlastimilfiser | Vým?na sv?tel u cee´da ? rajce.net

Next , armed with all the bulbs you find that the indicator is no way the orange p21w/581 shown in halfords or online, but is actually this type in the pics..

A strange halogen type bulb 21watts i beleive, i dont have a microscope to read the txt on the bulb, but it does have offsett bayonet fittings.

If anyone can identify the lamp i can then scour the universe for a replacement.
All good,,

Thanks for reading,

Dave:)

Attachments

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
Did you manage to sort this in the end?

I had the same problem, Halfords showed the wrong bulb for my car so I went to my local Kia dealer.

Guess what? they didn't have the correct bulb either and what's more their parts book also showed the wrong bulb!

However, they directed me to their Citroen dealer, just along the road from them, and they were able to provide the correct one.

It's a Lucas LLB436 and cost £3.00 - hope this helps

·
Registered
KIA Pro_cee'd 1.6 CRDi -11
94 Posts
It looks like a BAY9s socket.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts