Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Kia Rio base model. Has approximately 140k miles on it.
Before you point me to the other threads on these issues, I have already read them and they no longer pertain to me at this point.

So I have had a p0446 code for quite a while and for reasons that need not be explained, I ignored it. Like most, I started having problems starting the vehicle and keeping it running after fueling up and it progressively got worse. Over the last two weeks or so, it would take about 15 minutes of trying to get the damn thing to start, so I decided to look into the problem myself. I found that the CCV is typically what causes this so I found one and replaced it today. I hooked all the hoses and wiring harness up and started the vehicle. I noticed that it was idling rough, but figured maybe driving it a bit would help. While driving it seemed real sluggish and after about a mile died when I started to come to a stop. I got it started and returned home where it died again. I have a bluetooth OBD II reader, so I plugged it in and found that I now had a p0449 code which is the code for CCV stuck open. I crawled under the car to find that apparently the wiring harness hadnt actually snapped in right and was dangling.

Now I cant get the car started at all. I tried kiatechinfo.com and found some troubleshooting steps and cant seem to meet any of the specifications across any of the terminals. I barely get anything when testing terminal one, and terminal two is not close to the 3.5 V that it is supposed to be. I also tested the resistance, and it was within specifications for a second, then jumped up to about 35 ohms....

Anyone have any ideas of what to do??? Right now as a last ditch effort I am trying to reset my pcm and hope that helps, but otherwise I am thinking that now I have a bad wiring harness that I will have to replace. Or possibly a relay issue???

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update**

After letting the car sit with the negative battery terminal disconnected for a while, I connected it back up and the car fired up right away. Excited I drove straight to the nearest gas station (about 3-4 miles) and filled up. When I tried to start it up, still the same issue....It took a couple of starts, not the usual 15 minutes worth, but I had only put in about 2 gallons to top it off. While pulling into my driveway the MIL came back on and I got p0451 when I checked. I will be honest, I havent looked it up yet to figure out what it means or what to do. I also noticed that despite not having any problems at several stops on the way home, as I pulled into the driveway and stopped the car dropped in RPMs and started idling rough. Frustrated, I went in to eat dinner then went back out to try to start it up. It will start after a few tries, but continues to idle real rough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts