Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been thinking over the past few days about what can be done to better this board.

I think we should split Sedona, Sorento & Sportage forum into following 6 categories

Sedona (Diesel Engine)
Sedona Petrol Engine

Sportage (Diesel Engine)
Sportage Petrol Engine

Sorento (Diesel Engine)
Sorento (Petrol Engine)

The reason is diesel & petrol version differ significantly. What do you think guys?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The engine is only a small part of the package, and doesn't seem to feature heavily in the topics posted.

I would vote for keeping the models separate, but not the variants. This would keep all related aspects together under one banner.

Power to the keyboard! :banana:

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Originally posted by roadrunnerges@Jul 19 2005, 08:50 PM
I would vote for keeping the models separate, but not the variants. This would keep all related aspects together under one banner.

I agree to that :thumbsup:
seperating by fuel type would mean having to search two boards. By having one forum for Sedonas keeps the knowledge base together where we can all share our views :grouphug: without having to switch from one forum to another. Its not that there are 100's of posts to sort through.

Just my 2p's worth

Simon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi :)

I would agree with splitting the forum into 3 categories for the Sedona, Sorento & Sportage. Most forum users state model, engine type, etc., when posting so I'm not sure if it's worth splitting into the 6 categories you suggest. For ease of reference to petrol/diesel, I guess users could consider putting their vehicle engine type in the "topic description" after their "topic title".

Fiona

:) smiles across the miles :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello,

Hello,

Occasional I give advice on the Microsoft Forums, they use this expression on posts less then descriptive, " Help us to help you ".

One solution suggested it put fuel type into the profile, a fair suggestion but why not make it part of the post, in other words,
Model, Year, CC, Fuel Type, Transmission, that this information appears top of message box, that way one does not have to look for it, I'm sure there must be away of automating this.

The most useful thing added to any forum is a spell checker, I know this is generally O.E. Word, Lotus territory but it can be added to forums I've seen it done.

Another post on this subject said " ain't broke, don't fix, fair comment.

It may not be to everyone's taste but on the whole this is not a bad looking site
it's a bit scattered and some unnecessary options, for instances does anyone use, " Enable Signature "
Seacam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts