Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the board,i drive a 2005 kia sodona it has 130,000 miles and it needs a catalytic converter,i think the machanic said the lower one ,either way with the dealership im looking at $1,200 to $1,600 i don't think i should put that much money in it with that many miles i need some opinions, thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,720 Posts
First off you WILL need to know which one you need. There are 2 near your exhaust manifold, one near the front of your van, and one near the firewall. And one under the van. After you find out which one you need, then you can try aftermarket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 convertas

Omg!!! I have that many converta's? well from my understanding it's the one in the front,it all started when i had timing belt and other belts put on. thanks for your help. im logged in as Jasper due to my dogs name but im a chick so if i sound dumb to the thought of that many converter's i hope you understand:)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
You are doing fine young lady..
The best thing you did was ASK for help..
There are options beyond "dealer Prices"...take a look at these for a quick reference.....
05 sedona catalytic | eBay
You are welcome to ASK questions here anytime...that's what this forum is for!
Try to get the stored problem "codes" and post them here and we will give you options...
Dave
BTW only 3, two up front, one under the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responding!!

But i got bigger problems now,I noticed my air wasn't blowing cold in the front of the van but the back was very cold and there's no heat at all front or back well ,anyway i had that looked at ,by a friend not the dealership, well i had seen on this forum that it could be a refractor or something to name you guys have to help me out on that, well anyway the airbags and everything would have to come out to fix that problem and i thought it's still cold air in the back and a little cold in the front so i told my car guy to just add some freon cause he said it was a little low, so he was adding it and my car started smoking and when i came to pick it up well i don't have any air ,now seems as if the clutch in the compressor burned up ,well i wasn't a happy camper,i mean i took it with some air and got it back with no air well well, he said it wasn't anything he did and i know him i know it wasn't anything he did deliberately, but im so hurt now,the check engine light on because of the catalytic converter, and now i need a compressor i think i need another car,I've heard that once a kia reaches it's 100,000 mile limit it starts breaking down I'm hurt and hot lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2005 kia sedona
code 455
it idles up and at 1000 to 500 and has a miss at any speed
I can't even find the plugs
can you help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts