Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carplay will notify me that I have a new text message. When I select it, Carplay acts as if it's reading it to me but it does not. Just silence. It then marks the message as read. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, how did you fix it (if you did)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Carplay will notify me that I have a new text message. When I select it, Carplay acts as if it's reading it to me but it does not. Just silence. It then marks the message as read. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, how did you fix it (if you did)?
My CarPlay on my Optima usually acts weird the first time I try to use it after plugging it in. But after that it’s goid. By chance, does it work fine for subsequent messages?

·
Registered
2017 Sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it doesn't work for subsequent texts. It only works sporadically. I've been trying to isolate what activity makes it works but I have found no rhyme or reason to it yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, it doesn't work for subsequent texts. It only works sporadically. I've been trying to isolate what activity makes it works but I have found no rhyme or reason to it yet.
Do you have your iPhone updated to the most recent iOS (11.2.6)?
Have you tried a hard reset on your phone?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage EX 2017 AWD Mineral Silver with grey leather interior
2 Posts
I have same issue. If I don't tap the message when it first pops up, I can click on it in the message screen and it will read it then. Nothing else I have done has worked for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, when I touch "play" my Pandora comes on; when I hit play again on the text message, the pandora pauses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts