Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Sedona SE (UK) with a very fuzzy carpet...... just like an old wooly jumper. Does anyone suffer from the same and have any secrets about how to avoid the fuzz?

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I first looked into buying a Sedona, this is the one thing I noticed about all of the 2nd hand ones on show - every single one had "fuzzy" carpets.

You can shave the "fuzz" off with a blade or razor to make the carpet good and, yes, it works very well. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to stop it happening as the fibres used in producing the carpet are cheap and most manufacturers produce and recommend fitted mats/carpets to prolong with the life/condition of your vehicle anyway, so it's just one of those things I guess.

You could invested in fitted carpets to protect the floor lining - not sure how much they cost new as mine were FOC - but I've seen 2nd hand ones for around £40.

Fiona

:) smiles across the miles :)

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Hi all

Not been on for a while but noticed the postings have increased just lately.

I noticed this on the demonstrator vehicle I was first introduced to the Sedona with. I commented on this to the dealer and he basically said "They all do that sir".

When I picked our Sedona up, the dealer said he had put in some additional carpets at no additional cost. :D I think the dealer must get a job lot done as they have their logo on them. They cover the whole of the van floor with little cut outs here and there for the seat anchors points.

Only thing is they are a right :angry: pain to clean. They are made of some kind of very fine spirally type fabric which grass type debri gets stuck in. It usually results in some very hard vacuuming to get it out. But they do look better than the bobbly stuff. :) Another way of getting rid of the bobbles is with a defuzzer. They look like a electric shaver but the holes in the foil are bigger. You usually find them in pound shops, so I am told :p .

Simon

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My tip is, get your carpet done underr warranty.
When you are booking car in, specifically ask them to leave the protective plastic cover on, put your carpet mats over the top, and you carpet stays brand new!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts