Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my turbo charger gave up it's life. I am looking for alternatives to the one that is factory installed (it costs a fortune to replace!!!). There is a company that is posting on this forum "turbonator.com". I have contacted them for more details but apparently they are not interested in answering emails. Anyway, does anyone in this forum have any experiences with this particular turbocharger? I must add that I have a 2.9Ltd TDI with automatic transmission. I need to know if this unit works with a Diesel Engine and if it fits under the hood (space problems?).

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
The Turbonator is a waste of money that sits in your air inlet, it will do nothing to help fix your engines current problem!

I am afraid you will have to find the money to replace your Turbo, Most turbos are individually customised for each particular car.

If you want your car repaired either find a Turbo repairer, a good secondhand replacement or buy a new one from your dealer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Wandclub,

The Turbonator is just a shaped Coke can that sits in the inlet, suposed to improve MPG, I doubt it.

Why do you beleive it's your Turbo that's gone.
Seacam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you seacam and pepper. the shaft between the turbine in the exhaust manifold and the impelller is broken - at least that is what the repair guys tell me. nothing is turning and the engine belches black smoke and has almost no power during acceleration. guess I have to look for a good second hand. a new one is almost USD900.00. ridiculous!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's a post from Kia Philippines forum from member "balitoq" in response to someone looking for a besta engine...

bro punta ka sa Dampol, Pulilan, Bulacan....madami korean surplus parts dun!

pagkaexit mo sa pulilan exit....turn left tpos pagtanong mo nalang dun sa mga tao.nakalimutan ko n yung pangalan ng tindahan eh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts