Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anyone removed the std headunit from a carnival 04 model. I cannot seem to find ant screws to remove the black facia and can't get any help from the Australian technicians at Kia.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello MMarshall.

There has been extensive posts on this very subject, just do a search.

I have a UK 2002 Sedona, to remove panel I have to remove the ashtray, take my heart in my hands and give the facia a good tug, left hand corner of ahhtray hole, that should release the clips.

If you are talking about the black surround around the head unit, again remove head unit and give surround a da*n good tug, remember mine's a 2002 Sedona.

There are a stack load of your fellow country men and others on this forum who have removed their units and who are better able to advise you but I shouldn't think the procedure is much diffrent for year of car.
Seacam

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
aye we're uk people. On my VDO stereo you remove the outer fascia from just around the stereo itself (not the whole surround) then you use stereo removal pins one each side to pull the stereo out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello M Marshal,

Ohps I missed that out. :blush-anim-cl:

Peppers right, once you have moved the outer facia you'll need to be armed with a couple of removal pins, ( depending on your head unit ), which are widly available on Aussi E-bay for a few pence or at your local radio shack store or such like.
Seacam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts