Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just another carnival ower we brought it new in june 2004 and have had nothing but dramas since tyres r scrubed out ,gearbox sloppy .At the moment it is at kia with the gearbox out with only 17000 on the clock. Is anyone else having the same trouble with the gearbox?

·
Registered
39 Posts
No problems for me - I wouldn't say the gearchange is the best in the world but its OK and its the same now as when the car was new - its done 16000 miles now. Have you the auto or manual ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was an manual gearbox devotee until I spent 6x weeks touring the US in a Cadillac Sedan De-Ville back in the 90's (cost the same price to hire as a mini over here). Never touch another manual again! They should be banned... :p

Sorry I'm not helping your problem much... :blush:

My LX has done 14,000 well thrashed miles, without any problems thus far... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a manual gearbox the gears changes are better now But it came back with a different noise and an a oil leak so its going back again to get fixed well maybe they had it for a day and couldnt find the oil leak .

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2004
66 Posts
Hello,
I have had my Sedona since Christmas, and I've done 10,000 miles. Up to now I have had no gearbox problems at all, although I am a bit concerned about the apparent tyre wear on the front. This is about my 18th. automatic car, and I wouldn't have another manual for anything.

The only problem that I have ever had with an automatic box was back in the late 70s when I had a Rover 3.5 V8. It just died and had to be replaced. I had two Renault 25s which both did over 100,000 trouble free miles before I sold them, and a big Chevy Day van 5.7, that was indestructable!!

Manual box in todays traffic? Not for me I'm afraid. Anyway, there is an arguement that says with an automatic box, you have more time to concentrate on the road!

I think it's horses for courses really isn't it?

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts