Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone else has had the handles on the hidey-holes break? Both of mine have snapped clean off. I had to pull the springs out of the latch mechanism so I can still use them, but I would like to replace the whole handle. Is this possible?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
didn't have any problems with my '08 in the four years I owned it. If you are within the warranty period it could be covered, check with your dealer.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
There is actually an updated floor panel available that eliminates the handle. There is just a notch to fit your hand into and pull.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
There is actually an updated floor panel available that eliminates the handle. There is just a notch to fit your hand into and pull.
That's what they switched to on the 2009, if I remember right. That is what I have, nothing to break or go wrong! :D

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't have any problems with my '08 in the four years I owned it. If you are within the warranty period it could be covered, check with your dealer.
When we bought the car new, it had the 5-5-5 warranty on it. Not sure if the warranty will cover it, but will ask the next service. Maybe I'll have to look up those 2009 covers. Anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
492 Posts
forcejb, I have never had any problems with the non-latch covers not staying put or not being "secure". I actually prefer the open slot, as I can run a 12v cable from the rear 12v socket to a 12v compressor/power source stored under the cargo floor on trips very easily. Also, easy just reach in and pull up the cargo floor, no latches to mess with.

·
Registered
04 Mercedes C230, 08 Rondo LX V6
367 Posts
I wonder if there is any diff in an accident situation. Not good to have items stored under the floor flying about.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although both of my covers no longer latch into place, I have never heard them bouncing around while driving. Those new covers look nice. Might have to locate a pair.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wonder if there is any diff in an accident situation. Not good to have items stored under the floor flying about.
I seriously doubt this would even be an issue. Besides, if you have that heavy of stuff under the floor, you think a flimsy latch that breaks on everyone is going to stop whatever is under there from getting out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We had to replaced the handle in our Hyundai Santa Fe and it wasn't expensive. I can't remember exactly but it is probably around $10 or so and I bought it from the dealer.

The reason I know it wasn't very expensive because I didn't grumble when they told me the price.

It is very easy to replace. Just a couple of screws and the whole assembly comes off and just put the new one in and off you go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts