Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating buying the Kia Cargo Carrier and Cross Bars for the 2013 Spul 4U. Anyone know how the Carrier attaches to the Cross Bars / Roof Racks?

·
Registered
2013 Soul 4U
6 Posts
Hi

I just bought my Kia Soul 4U and I need advice on roof cargo carrier OEM cross bars. I have cargo box and need to know how wide are the cross bars so I can re-use the clamps for the Sport Rack cargo box. Please advise if you already made your purchase of the Kia cargo box and cross bars.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the OEM Cross Bars, but not the carrier

·
Registered
2013 Soul 4U
6 Posts
Hi

Can you please tell me how wide are these OEM cross bars? How much did you pay for them, if you don't mind me asking? the dealer in Vancouver is asking almost $300 for a pair. I've looked for after market cross bars but they are not even close to the OEM parts. I even tried calling a dealer in the United States but they don't even sell the roof rack.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.5 inches. Tax in $268 from the Dealer

·
Registered
2013 Soul 4U
6 Posts
Thanks for your info. I ordered new cross bars and they will be here on Friday. I also ordered a trailer hitch cargo carrier from Amazon for additional storage capacity. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with having a cargo carrier on the back of their Kia Soul?

·
Registered
2013 Soul 4U
6 Posts
If anyone is interested, I posted some photos of a Curt Cargo carrier rack on my 2013 Kia Soul 4U. It was purchased on Amazon for $65. it's good for 300 pounds but since the Kia Soul has only a class I hitch, the max weight for this class is 200 pounds including the carrier (44 lbs). I added reflective tape. Assembly took about 1 hour but the shank did not fit into the new hitch receiver, so there was a little bit of work to grind the powder coat paint off and it finally fit into the hitch receiver. Installation took less than 5 minutes with the hitch pin in place. Now I've an additional cargo space and with a water proof bag, I've add 11 cubic ft.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts