Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Any one had been got crackle noise from the exhaust pipe and lost your engine power in a raining day? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Hi walter,

Mine too, the agent says that it is due to the catalitic converter. They are trying to either cover it with a metal sheet or replace with a new catalitic converer. Until now i had no reply from them for replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really! but I just bought my car on last month. How easy broken this part.
Do you have any picture about the metal cover, maybe I can ask our angent to place one for me.
This case is very serious and oncerning about the safety for driver.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Originally posted by Walter Yang@Sep 8 2004, 09:20 AM
Really! but I just bought my car on last month. How easy broken this part.
Do you have any picture about the metal cover, maybe I can ask our angent to place one for me.
This case is very serious and oncerning about the safety for driver.....
There is a similar problem discussion in other forum. It seems the problem is solved.

http://tw.club.yahoo.com/clubs/KIA-CARENS/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Sorry walter, I had no picture of it. I will try to ask my local agent again about this problem once i sent my car for servicing. Again according to them , Kia Korea knew about this and is trying their best to find a solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Originally posted by zenius@Sep 9 2004, 01:37 AM
Sorry walter, I had no picture of it. I will try to ask my local agent again about this problem once i sent my car for servicing. Again according to them , Kia Korea knew about this and is trying their best to find a solution.

I've got the picture of the solution from Taiwan forum. It is a hook which fix the pipe under car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
HI evryone,
I had just gone back to kia agent. They had installed a cover for my catalytic converter. The problem is that carens c.c is exposed( underneath the paltform) whereas other models c.c is located right after the exhaust manifold and covered; therefore there is no contact to rainwater at all. So I guess it is design fault from Kia itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Just joined this forum and saw this. Yes, I do noticed some noise especially during cold start (didn't notice when rainning) but to date the agent is not able to resolve the problem. Ummm, will ask the agent check on this for my next service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by zenius@Oct 2 2004, 04:33 AM
HI evryone,
I had just gone back to kia agent. They had installed a cover for my catalytic converter. The problem is that carens c.c is exposed( underneath the paltform) whereas other models c.c is located right after the exhaust manifold and covered; therefore there is no contact to rainwater at all. So I guess it is design fault from Kia itself.
Dear Zenius,

Is it resultful? Would you show the picture of the cover? many thanks!

Best regards,
Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
HI Walter,
So far so good because it seldom rain in Singapore at this time of the year. I think you can fabricate the cover yourself. It looks pretty simple actually. I will try to take some pictures for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by zenius@Oct 10 2004, 10:11 PM
HI Walter,
So far so good because it seldom rain in Singapore at this time of the year. I think you can fabricate the cover yourself. It looks pretty simple actually. I will try to take some pictures for you.
Dear Zenius,

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
My Carens has this loud rumbling noise when it splashes through big pool of water on the road during heavy rain. It carries on for a while until it subsides. Does anyone have the same problem as mine? I have just send my car to the KIA service centre. They changed the catalytic converter and exhaust pipe. It was done on warranty. Yet the noise still persist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
This problem can be solved, it is caused by heater near transmittion system. It is use for melting ice, so if you drive through water you will hear noise from bottom & vibration too. Chan Siow Lin KIA outlet can help to disable the heater.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! since I am not in Singapore, could you tell me how to disable the heater? to modify the program of the computer? or remove fuse?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it should be solved, our service agent added one holder on middle exhaust pipe. I had tried to dirve my car in raining day, and I drived on the pool as long as possible, no occured the same problem.
But some times, I feel some vibration from the exhaust pipe.
 

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
Joined
·
42 Posts
Its probably caused by the cold water in contact with the hot exhaust pipe. You can ask your service agent to lower the pipe a little bit. This was done to my car and I don't have this problem anymore... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Zenius, help please!

The problem was occured again, the raining season is coming in Taiwan. I faced the same problem recently even my agent had added the pipe holder on my Euro Carens. How about your solution is it still workable? to add the metal cover.
If possible, can you please help to take the picture to me? I and my friends is very wonder to find the solution as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Walter
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top