Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum, and i guess some like me join when we have problems. I have tried alot of pages to find a solution on here.
My wife has owned the car from new and it`s been really reliable, it`s a Kia Carens crdi on a 52 plate. Just done the 80,000 mile service and will change the pollen filters ( now i know) aswell.
Just before the service it was turning over more before it fired (it used to fire on the flick of the key). Now it is taking longer to turn over before it starts hot or cold ? any pointers thanks.
Sorry for going on or repeating other posts.
THANKS

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Sounds like possible glow plug failure to me. Turn on the ignition until the glow lamp goes out, turn off ignition & on again til the light again goes out then try to start, see if this helps, may have to do this 3 times. If there is 1 glow plug that has worn out it will cause the other 3 to overwork & fail also so worth getting it sorted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like possible glow plug failure to me. Turn on the ignition until the glow lamp goes out, turn off ignition & on again til the light again goes out then try to start, see if this helps, may have to do this 3 times. If there is 1 glow plug that has worn out it will cause the other 3 to overwork & fail also so worth getting it sorted.
Thanks for your warm welcome Supacabby.
I will give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts