Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I plug my iphone 4 into my 2009 carens it sterts to charge then stops as it is not recognised and wont play music I have tried various ipods and they wont work either has anyone else had this problem

·
Banned
79 Posts
I too have had this problem with my 2012 Rondo when plugging in the iPhone 4 via usb cable. I now use a dedicated iPhone charger cable I have for charging, and for playing the music, I simply use the bluetooth wireless, or plug in the headphone jack cable into the phone, and the other end into the aux input on the stereo, but usually I just use the bluetooth as it works fine. For some reason, the usb doesn't want to work, and will not charge or play music like you said. You're not alone lol!

·
Registered
2009 Rondo - EX 2.7
29 Posts
I think you need one of these cables.
I bought this cable from this eBay seller. The cable works perfectly. It plays my music from my iPhone4 and charges it at the same time. The song playing and the artist also show in the radios display. The up and down buttons on the steering wheel skip to the next song or back to the previous song.

Good deal for $8.00 and $8.00 shipping. Took 2 weeks by USPS to Canada.

My wife has an iPhone5 with the new lightning connector. She bought from Apple a 30 pin to lightning converter cable. These 2 cables work together and give you audio and charge for the iPhone5 if you have one. But this cable HAS to be from Apple. For this, the knock-offs don't work.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Ahh, that's a cool idea but would not work for my Rondo at least, the aux in pin is on the left side of the radio, and the usb is on the right side of the radio ... good idea though, would have to be about 8" wider to work for me though lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts