Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI 2,0 automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
We have a cold period in Norway now, between -10 to -20 C degrees. The the inside heating system gives not a warm car at all. The temp indicator shows a little bit below middle. What can I do to make my "cabin" warmer? Can it obtain air in the system?

Best regards
B

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
the temperature indicator just before the middle is the correct operating temperature. That is not all that cold at those temperatures, I've used my Rondo (Carens) at -35 to -40C and been plenty warm. Are you saying it blows cold with the temperature dial on full heat?

What year is your Carens? (doesn't tell me in your profile)

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI 2,0 automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not warm in winter

the temperature indicator just before the middle is the correct operating temperature. That is not all that cold at those temperatures, I've used my Rondo (Carens) at -35 to -40C and been plenty warm. Are you saying it blows cold with the temperature dial on full heat?

What year is your Carens? (doesn't tell me in your profile)
Hi in Canada.
My car is a 2003 Carens. Well, it`s blowing hot, but not hot like my Citroens. They have a place to evacuate air from the water circulation in order to increase water streaming threw. I don`t know if Carens have the same. If you have ideas how to make it warmer, I will welcome that :)

Best regards
B

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Mine was always piping hot from the blowers in winter but I never drove in -10 here in the UK :)

Something simple like a flush of the water system in case there is something sludgy in the heater matrix might help?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
Hi in Canada.
My car is a 2003 Carens. Well, it`s blowing hot, but not hot like my Citroens. They have a place to evacuate air from the water circulation in order to increase water streaming threw. I don`t know if Carens have the same. If you have ideas how to make it warmer, I will welcome that :)

Best regards
B
you should add the year to your DRIVES profile, that is critical.

I would agree with Supacabby due to the age of the vehicle, I would get the a complete flush of the rad system which at the same time will test for proper circulation of liquids and a leak test. Here its a very inexpensive procedure. Then see how it goes after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts