Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI 2,0 automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
My Carens 2,0CRDI 2003 auto do no have clear switches between the gears like I have experienced with former cars. Is it normal that this gearbox used for Carens do not lock each gear, but have a gliding change? I have just bought it and can see the gearbox has been opened in the time of former owner. What can the reason be for repairing this auto gearbox? The gear oil is transparent and red. Looking forward to your answer.

B

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
How many miles/klms has it done? The gearboxes are normally good for appx 80,000 miles then need a rebuild, maybe this has happened to yours by a previous owner?

They are not the smoothest of gearboxes but not what I would call "notchy" normally.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How many miles/klms has it done? The gearboxes are normally good for appx 80,000 miles then need a rebuild, maybe this has happened to yours by a previous owner?

They are not the smoothest of gearboxes but not what I would call "notchy" normally.
Only 80K, that's very worrying? I did over 200K!! in my VW Sheran before umtpy electronics started to affect the Autobox, the reason I got rid of it.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Yes but remember my use of 80k is restricted to 80% town centre - stop/start work! I'm sure someone using a better % of motorway/town driving would get more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts