Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX Bright Silver
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of or executed putting some carbon fiber (3M adhesive) on the plastics on the exterior (pillars, side mirror plastic, etc) and the interior (black interior - doors, etc)?

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was thinking about it, certainly. It can have nice results, or it can have hilariously bad results, mostly due to colour choices. I think that for a couple hundred dollars, it can dress up an drab or used cars.

carid has a configuration utility. I think there was another good site. I wrote a sportage interior design post, but never had time to finish+post it ;-)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX Bright Silver
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, I ended up deciding on not getting it. Covering key parts of the interior and the roof rails would cost $35-40, which isn't bad but not worth the risk.

If I were to get carbon fiber wrap, I'd either get graphite or black (I have the black fiber interior as stock).

I really wanted 40+ HP by adding some carbon fiber :(
*Joking Sarcasm :p

·
Registered
557 Posts
Cheap CF-type materials are being developed. Still, aside from seats, I was unable to find any CF Sportage parts that didn't glue atop original parts to add weight. I'm sure they can custom-make a hood

I don't like fake CF either. The Sportage is sporty enough to pull off a black fabric weave look, but cheap stickers is poser. There shouldn't be any risk, since it's just a sticker.

That said, those carid packages I mentioned come pre-cut, and there's "real carbon fibre" next to the fake print option. Modifications for appearance should at least be light ;-)

I think I've found all my research. I'll try and post that appearance-modification thread this weekend.

·
Registered
KIA Sportage
34 Posts
here's what im using for my 1st time bought cf sticker, done in about 2 weeks time, taking my time after working hours night by night, patiently tracing, cutting, rematching, up and down 9th floor condo, finally a different look, cheap mod for the wheel.
next project would be the pillars, and maybe will cover all chrome areas, then gonna get the white cf to do interior, fyi mine is white sportage.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts