Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to turn on car and wouldnt start was like it didnt have enough power to start.
would turn key and hear a noise but would fire up, would give gas while trying to start but would shut right off... finaly reved the car at high rpms and kept idle... can anyone help me solve my problem... thank You

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would get your starter checked out just in case but it sounds like that wouldnt be the problem. maybe its not firing right? has it ever sounded like it was not running smoothly or stalled out? i had that problem with my car & after the engine froze, i discovered that the transmission was totally shot (gears broken in half!) & that caused the engine to lock up. it might not be that serious, but if you cant find the problem soon i would take it to an authorized kia mechanic & get it looked at real good just to be safe. oh & take a look at the spark plugs, if they have any crud on them or are burnt or deformed or anything besides a slight greyish brown color on the tip, theres probly something goin on in there, a mechanic would be able to tell you what.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try the following:

Plugs
wires
coil packs
upgraded battery cables and terminal connectors (4 guage wire)
grounding kit
new battery (if yours is shot)

and if none of those work then take 'er in, its either gonna be the starter, alt or battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts