Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Sorento 2017 with 125k miles will not start. All lights were working in the car. I had battery posts repaired because it was loose when the problem first occurred but the next day it happened again. Initially car started with a jump for the first few times, however that became more difficult as the problem persisted. I had a diagnostic done and was told battery which was new it’s the last year, alternator and starter were all good. The car was starting for several days fine this was the cycle trouble starting a couple days run fine 3 or 4 days. Kia told me initially the alternator ($1200 to replace) I declined to repair at that time. The problem kept happening so I took it back to Kia they kept it a few days in their garage and ultimately told me they couldn’t find the problem. I noticed this happens when the weather seems colder in Chicago. It is -3 now and car is not starting again. Any help or info on this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,380 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
390 Posts
Turning over and not starting or not even turning over? Who did the diagnostic on the battery and did they do a high load test on it or just read the static voltage? I've seen many a battery read ~13v statically but as soon you hit it with a load test, they plummet below the starting voltage threshold. If someone doesn't test it properly, they are not testing at all.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,071 Posts
Just curious: Anyone know for certain the minimum starting voltage for the ECU in this generation of Hyundai/Kia products?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts