Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. ANyone have a car starter with their push button start? I would like to know if anyone has one and if they have to keep re-starting their vehicle.. once with the remote, then when you get to the car it has to be shut off and then on again.. OR.. can you just toggle while its running with the car starter to the on position, push in the pedal and go.

THanks ladies and gents.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
2 Posts
car starter

Just had a Viper remote starter installed in mine and the installer mentioned exactly that,its the only way it will work with push button start.Question for you,if I remote start mine after dark and then shut it down by remote my running lights and tail lights stay on until I go out and open the door.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found what I am trying to do on the Optima site.... any installers in Edmonton Alberta willing to do this? Starter using factory remote and just tap the start button rather than restarting... watch video...

Also found out about this EVO ALL bypass module which is what you need in conjunction with the starter.. no worries about starting your car and then someone driving away with it...

"Controls the vehicle's ignition system through the PTS button. Includes active security by supervising the door locks and door pin status on all of the doors. Automatic key-takeover if the proximity key is detected within range, otherwise it will shut-down both the vehicle and the remote-starter."

Link to EVO ALL - http://ifar.ca/products/evo-series/evo-all/vehicles.html#18,3083,10421

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump. anyone know if a good installer or is one in the Edmonton, Alberta area?

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
I found what I am trying to do on the Optima site...[Video]
Sorry, but I can't figure out why you'd want to do that. Big thing about keyless entry/start is you don't have to fool with your key fob; just get in and drive away (Avoids the dreaded 'ladies' handbag syndrome). So here we are fooling with the key-fob... Why?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
less fobs for one... as well as the way he installed it is you dont have to re-start your car when you enter. Everywhere else I call is they will install the starter, but because it is push button you can start your car, but then when you get in you have the stop and start your car again before you can drive off... i would prefer how it is in the video.. start your car with a remote, get in, go. no stopping and re-starting required.

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Start your car with a remote, get in, go.
I'm still not sure why you would want to start yor car remotely. Maybe to have the car warming up while you open the garage doors? -This is not a good idea; what if you were distracted and left the car running?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
never understood the point of a remote start, a vehicle will warm up faster when driving than sitting there idling (plus its not good for the environment). Even under cold temperatures a minute or so of idle before departing is plenty. If extreme cold then a block heater timed to go on about 1-2 hours prior to departure will be much more effective. Every minute of idle time is equivalent to travelling 1 km.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
If you live in an area where it's very hot, it's nice to be able to start the car so that it starts to cool down a little bit before you get in. Especially if you have children.
sorry still do not see the point even in hot areas.

a/c does not work instantly as it takes a few minutes for it get up to full operational cold, also there is tremendous heat build up in the car while its sitting, so you are trying to cool all this excessive heat that's in the vehicle - which takes even longer.
It's more effective to just open all the windows (and sunroof if you have it & hatch too - when parked) on the vehicle for a few minutes to get rid of as much heat as possible, and then turn on the a/c set on recirculate and max and then close everything.
Also a windshield sunshade helps to some degree in keeping the vehicle cooler.

- no expense of buyer a remote start and sometimes the problems associated with it
- save on gas, no wasted fuel idling
- good for the environment

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you live in an area where it's very hot, it's nice to be able to start the car so that it starts to cool down a little bit before you get in. Especially if you have children.
Don't worry - I completely understand what you mean here.

The hvac would purge the hot air out to circulate fresh air (and you actually have a button to override this), so you're not 100% 'trying to cool all this excessive heat that's in the vehicle'. yes it'll take longer and is not as efficient, but it still works.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know where you live or if you've ever had to park a car in really hot weather (110+ degrees Fahrenheit, or 43+ degrees Celsius), but until you have, it might be hard to imagine how much of a difference it makes to have the AC running for even a couple minutes before getting in the car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

a/c does not work instantly as it takes a few minutes for it get up to full operational cold, also there is tremendous heat build up in the car while its sitting, so you are trying to cool all this excessive heat that's in the vehicle - which takes even longer.
It's more effective to just open all the windows (and sunroof if you have it & hatch too - when parked) on the vehicle for a few minutes to get rid of as much heat as possible, and then turn on the a/c set on recirculate and max and then close everything.
Also a windshield sunshade helps to some degree in keeping the vehicle cooler.

- no expense of buyer a remote start and sometimes the problems associated with it
- save on gas, no wasted fuel idling
- good for the environment
How about let your car engine run for 1 minute before putting a load on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts