Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very unlucky my little picanto skidded and hit a van so sad..!

anyone have this stupid problem of car skidding at ranning day..?

What speed is the best to prevent skidding..!

Our picanto no ABS so dangerous he is only 1 month old..!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I just got my picanto, May i ask how fast were u driving when it is raining? and share more info on the day event when yr picanto skid(Unfortunately)

kent

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me travelling around 40-50 km /hour my sport tyre is 14 inch orginal from kia and yohohame tyre..! i jam my brake at around 1 and half car lengh and shit it skidded to a van and bang my kia is dented but not the mecerdes van..!

it happened yesterday afternoon all area raining la..!

me now drive more slowly even not raning and i brake at 7 car lenght to play safe..!

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
If the car isnt fitted with ABS it sounds like you have locked the wheels causing a sideways skid. You have braked to harshly.

Kevin.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello,

Cross, angry, frustrated, upset, all of those feelings are understandable.

But you are alright arn't you? hopefully so is the van driver.

Shook up both of you maybe but not injured, that's what matters most.
Seacam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i jam on the brake about 1 car lenght but it skip straight onto the van but manage to swift it to the left which caurse a loud bang lucky the van is ok but not my little picanto..!

sadly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I juz wanna share my experience wif u all. Tt time i drove my Scarlet Pica on wet roads at speed of 50km/hr or so. There's this stupid Hyundai Matrix tt wanna turn right at a cross junction while i was supposed to go straight. I guess tt car underestimated de speed of my Pica. I slowed down and honked him. It turned w/o noticing there was an oncoming car rushing towards it and it juz stopped in de middle of de rd! Can u imagine tt? Tt hyundai Matrix blocked a part of my lane. I jammed my brakes also and i can hear the screeching of my tyres but luckily i managed to swerve and avoid the bumper of tt Matrix. Wat a close shave! Narrow escape.

I think it's better to keep a safe distance... maybe Pica shuld come wif ABS next time since SG can be quite rainy at times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts