Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..... Was searching online for any help or guidelines in helping me with the situation that im facing with until i came across this forum. Hope anyone out there could help out.

Im driving a 2001 sephia. Last night I went out with some friends for a drink. After a few drinks decided to head home. But sadly, the remote key doesn't seem to be working. It works just fine before. Tried opening the door manually and start the car . The car wouldn't start. when i turned the key, the battery shows sign of power (i had changed the car battery a few months ago). but i just couldn't start the car. Next thing i did was to get a fresh battery in the nearby store for the remote. Still didn't work.

*Is there anyway i could deal with this? Perhaps, trying to bypass the alarm system maybe.....

My car is still along the roadside since last night.... Please help me out :crying:

·
Registered
2 Posts
While it may shows signs of power, it may not be enough power. Just out of curiosity, have you checked your stereo? If it reset (clocks, saved presets, etc), then yes, the battery is not providing enough power. This could be related to the alternator, considering you just replaced the battery. I don't think it has anything to do with your alarm system. If it was, it should still start with a manual unlock and key in ignition.

I'd definitely get the battery tested for current draw and charge hold. If it looks good, check your alternator. In the meantime, just get a jumpstart, should work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts