Kia Forum banner

Can't Take a Leased KIA to Canada?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  aquanaut20 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just leased a 2017 Kia Sorento. Found a section in the lease that says I can not take the Kia to Canada "without written permission from Kia". I called them and they said I can NOT. No Exceptions. Anyone found a way to do it?
I was also wondering what could KIA do if I did take it to Canada. How would they even know unless I got in an accident. If I did, my insurance would fix it anyway.
Thanks for nay comments

#2 ·
Does the Sorento have any type of in vehicle security similar to GM's OnStar? If so they could track the vehicle's whereabouts.

#3 ·
I have a phone app called UVO. It is used to find where your car is parked or location is you need roadside assistance. I believe if the app is not open and have bluetooth on they can not tell where you are. I belive the PHONE transmits the location not the vehicle itself.

#4 · (Edited)
I believe that system does transmit a trackable signal. The phone app is merely a user interface. I don't have UVO in my Kia but I believe works similar to OnStar in my Colorado or Command in our Benz. Hopefully a Sorento owner will chime in.

#6 ·
Just curious........why would you be so adamant about violating the agreement you signed with them? Not really sure this is a game that you can win......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.