Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2000 Kia Sephia and I want to replace the radio. I can get the big plastic trim piece covering the center temp controls, radio, and encircling the gauges loosened, but it seems held up or trapped by the plastic shroud encircling the steering column.

Is there a trick to removing the big plastic trim piece? Do I even need to remove the steering column shroud? Thanks in advance for any help!

-- Evan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
there are 2 screw above the gauge cluster on the big plastic piece that encircles the gauge cluster. then you will have to take off the top cover over the steering colum. no screws there little tabs.
after that pull up and out a little on the big plastic piece to get it ontop of the steeing coloum. then there are 3 plugs to unplug. first one is to the left of the column its the interior lights control (dim/brighten knob) unplug it.
then you will have to unplug the hazards and the rear defrost. once you have them unpluged it will come right out. hope this helps...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I tried prying the steering shroud in two and it popped right apart! Thanks for the help!

-- Evan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done this on my girlfriends car. All I did was drop the steering wheel, and it came straight out.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
93 Posts
On some 2000 kia sephias, you can't adjust the steering wheel, you have to take off the top piece of the streeting column.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts