Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was hauling some stuff the other day...and I can't get my rear seat to go back up. :confused: I tried pulling the cloth handle but it seems like it is just locked into place. I cant' find any levers or anything... Help? This is not the third row seat... just the regular back seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
I had a bit of the same trouble the other day. Try pushing down on the back of the seat and really pulling on the release lever.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
thanks...had to smack everything pretty hard....weird...
KIA has a TSB for repairing this issue. It sounds like the reclining mechanisms need to be replaced.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,412 Posts
The TSB is about replacing the either the cables or the recliners, although the recliners are usually the root cause of the cable failure as well. The recliner teeth get worn from people yanking on the seat while pulling the release handle causing tension on the teeth, instead of pulling only the handle to release the recliners and then folding the seat down or up.

·
Registered
KIA Sportage 4WD (Diesel), KIA Sorento 2013 SX
22 Posts
Im also having this issue, but the dealer said that.. i just going to pull it hard, and dont mind if it will be broken, its on warranty..

if its on TSB are they going to replace it during my first oil change or not? any exact info about that TSB?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts