Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys know where to get a tow hook that fits to the front tow hook connector on a 2012 sportage?

Something like this would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
You guys know where to get a tow hook that fits to the front tow hook connector on a 2012 sportage?

Something like this would be great.
Your vehicle didn't come w/ one? Not sure if that's standard on all but, came with my car. It's located in the toolkit next to your spare and jack...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ps... If yours didn't come with a tow hook, the dealer can get you one. I'm sure they're not that expensive. Even at the dealer. It's just a big metal eye-hook with threads on one end. Nothing fancy ;-)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the spare, actually I never thought that it came with one. Hoping its there..

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Thank goodness he is looking for a tow hook for actual use. For a split second I thought it was some Honda guy trying to make the Sportage look like a race car with a bright red tow hook. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep it was right there..:rolleyes:

I need it for a bow strap anchor for transporting a kayak.

Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thank goodness he is looking for a tow hook for actual use. For a split second I thought it was some Honda guy trying to make the Sportage look like a race car with a bright red tow hook. :)
Lawlz... :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bluntman: I will check but if memory serves, I just have one. Can't recall seeing two hooks in my toolkit.

·
Registered
2012 SX Sportage
180 Posts
Where do you secure these tow hooks to the body of the car? I wish i would have had known this when I transported my kayak

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Where do you secure these tow hooks to the body of the car? I wish i would have had known this when I transported my kayak
There is one (receiver?) on the front bumper and one on the back bumper.

Bluntman: I will check but if memory serves, I just have one. Can't recall seeing two hooks in my toolkit.
Oddly, one is in the toolkit/sleeve along with the tire iron and one more item, but the second two hook was just loose in the divided tray, but, yes, please let me know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As bluntman states: on front and rear bumpers you'll see 2 plastic "circle cut-outs" with an indention. Push the indented part of the "cut-out/cover" and the cover pops open. Under there is the threaded hook receiver. Hope that helps...

Bluntman: I only have one. It's in my felt toolkit as mentioned. I looked in the organizer tray and didn't see a second one floating around anywhere.

All I have back there (under organizer tray) is a spare tire, tire iron, jack, and tow hook.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts