Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gone nuts getting to this point.
3/2004 Kia Rio Cinco 1.6, manual
Evaporative emmission 'leak' according to testing.

I am not certain on this valve's name. It's location is in a little box on the drivers side behind the tank and above the rear axle with two 3/4 inch or so lines and one wire. One line vents directly to air in a car body support member, the other end goes to the canister via another device along the back of the tank.

So, with this valve still installed, if I block off the end vented to air, the entire evaporative system will hole air pressure for a long time. The wire that feeds this valve maxes out at 6.77 volts when running and doing the purge. The valve will not operate below 7.2 volts. It will operate at 7.2 volts outside the vehicle.

What I need to know is are the values indicating a bad valve or a bad signal from the master controller? What should that plug's voltage be during the purge?

Thanks....oh and a proper name would be nice so I know what to ask for when I buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It appears this is called the canister vent solenoid/valve. About $85 part. Don't believe in just throwing parts, tried to register at kiatechinfo.com and could not register.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts