Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helll all, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have followed steps to release pressure in lines. I have removed all bolts as stated in instructions. However once all disconnected, I still cannot pull the fuel line off? I'm stuck now, as I wanted to test my injectors. 2014 kia soul! 175,000 mi.
20210406_185749.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul +
6 Posts
Helll all, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have followed steps to release pressure in lines. I have removed all bolts as stated in instructions. However once all disconnected, I still cannot pull the fuel line off? I'm stuck now, as I wanted to test my injectors. 2014 kia soul! 175,000 mi. View attachment 118295 View attachment 118295
A metal safety clip connects the injector to the fuel rail so the fuel rail and injectors come out together. I wouldn't try to remove the fuel rail separately, by removing the metal clips, because the injectors are snug. Use a screwdriver or pry bar and work your way along the fuel rail evenly. The service manual states you should replace the metal clips when servicing the injectors but I didn't. The manual also says you should replace the high pressure metal pipe that connects the high pressure fuel pump to the fuel rail but I didn't and I don't have any leaks. I just rebuilt the 2.0 engine in my soul after connecting rod failure. If you are going to clean/replace the injectors you need a special tool to compress the Teflon ring that is near the tip of the injector. Some of the injector tools are expensive so I made due with what I had. I damaged two Teflon rings in the process so have extras. One injector kit is $10 at the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts