Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really starting to worry about this 05 Sorento 4x4.

Clock, having the same problem as everyone else, getting replaced tomorrow, we'll see

Transfer case: this ones new and I'll tell them about it tomorrow. 4 Lo is the same as 4 hi. I noticed during startup there is a 4Lo dash light, shouldn't it come on when your in 4Lo?

Canister control valve and canister. Getting replaced tomorrow Makes it so you can't put gas in without it spitting it back out the filler. It's been ~0ºF here lately and filling the tank this slowly is freezing my A**. Dealer tells me this will be the 3rd '05 they've replaced the valve on. This happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
There is only one way to put it in 4 low and only one way to take it out of 4 low. To put it in 4 low you need to put it in neutral then turn the dial to 4 low then the light will turn on. Then put it in gear. And to take it out you also have to put it into neutral then take it out of 4 low.
I never had any issues with my clock and canister control valve and canister.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then there is something wrong with my xfer case or switch cause that's how I'm doing it. Called the dealership yesterday and after replacing the ccv and canister it's still having evap problems. He said they were going to do a "smoke" test, anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pump smoke through the evap system to get a visual of the leaks.

Canister close valves have been refitted. The problem is caused by a bubble of backpressure flipping the valves on sorrentos and sedonas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the saga continues. Dealership replaced the valve and the replacement was bad, light came back on during the test drive, so the pulled it back in and replaced it with a second one. Test drove it and light stayed off. Turned the car back over to me.

One week later and guess what? You got it the check engine light is back on. I'm really starting to loose faith in this vehicle.

The annoying part is that the dealership is over an hour away, and I work 7-5. they're open late one night a week and until noon on sat. so I end up waiting in the waiting area while they work on my vehicle.

At least my clock hold the correct time now when I shut the vehicle off for more than an hour.

Any other 05's having these problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts