Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Asking for Canadian owners as I know the trims differ from country to country etc...
I have ordered a Titanium Grey SX PHEV and have seen some reviews that have raised a couple of concerns.
First one is that the PHEV SX, although the top of the line SX model comes with the Bose system, it is not the 12 speaker system that the normal SX model comes with. Can anyone verify if it has only 8 speakers and if so does it still have a center channel and subwoofer and is the sound just ok. I'm used to the 2019 Harmon Kardon system which I really liked.
Secondly, I saw a video where the person reviewing the PHEV said he was disappointed in the acceleration of the vehicle and the shift between EV and gas. Again, I don't expect the same take off as my V6 2019 gas Sorento but I'm hoping it still is pretty good?
In another video review of the US PHEV SX Prestige the steering wheel was not adjustable or telescopic...Canadian is?
Also, does the Canadian model come with the back rear tonneau cover?
Thanks so much in advance for any help

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, are there auto rain sensors on the Canadian PHEV SX? Thanks is advance!

·
Registered
22 Sorento SX-P PHEV Silky Silver
73 Posts
The US PHEV does have tilting and telescopic adjustments for the steering wheel. Not sure where you saw it doesn't.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
261 Posts
I dont believe there are rain sensing wipers unfortunately.

I've heard very mixed reviews on even the top of the line Bose system.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
261 Posts
According to Canadian spec, it has 6 speakers audio, tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
So, the same as the US HEV Hybrid Ex then.

The 6 speaker system is...lacking, to say the least. I've adjusted the tone best I could, but it's just treble, mid, bass level from -10 up to 10. Really no EQ finagling to be done.

It needs a lot. Clarity at volume and bass in particular could use serious improvements.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, the same as the US HEV Hybrid Ex then.

The 6 speaker system is...lacking, to say the least. I've adjusted the tone best I could, but it's just treble, mid, bass level from -10 up to 10. Really no EQ finagling to be done.

It needs a lot. Clarity at volume and bass in particular could use serious improvements.
Thanks, not what I wanted to hear or not hear 😜

·
Registered
22 Sorento SX-P PHEV Silky Silver
73 Posts
See and yet I have seen some videos where they speak of the same 12 speaker system so who knows.
On that specs page it shows the SX model as having the Bose system. There's only one Bose system, so I imagine the SX trim has the 12 speaker system. My US spec PHEV is the SX-P and it has 12 speaker Bose. It sounds okay when you use the FM radio, a bit better with sat radio, and absolutely phenomenal with high quality music via bluetooth. I was so happy driving home after picking mine up because I too had heard mixed reviews on how it sounds. I'm guessing those reviewers were not pumping the right quality through the system to get the best results.

A weird design with the Bose that I noticed, is there are two tweeters in the 3rd row, 2 speakers in the 2nd row doors, and all the other speakers are in the 1st row. Two in the door, five in the dash, and the subwoofer I'm assuming is under the seat.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX+V6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On that specs page it shows the SX model as having the Bose system. There's only one Bose system, so I imagine the SX trim has the 12 speaker system. My US spec PHEV is the SX-P and it has 12 speaker Bose. It sounds okay when you use the FM radio, a bit better with sat radio, and absolutely phenomenal with high quality music via bluetooth. I was so happy driving home after picking mine up because I too had heard mixed reviews on how it sounds. I'm guessing those reviewers were not pumping the right quality through the system to get the best results.

A weird design with the Bose that I noticed, is there are two tweeters in the 3rd row, 2 speakers in the 2nd row doors, and all the other speakers are in the 1st row. Two in the door, five in the dash, and the subwoofer I'm assuming is under the seat.
I appreciate your feedback...gives me hope!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts