Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Is anyone aware of any documentation existing online which shows the various trim level options for the new 2019 Sorento - like the charts you'd typically see in a brochure at the dealer? I hear the 2019 vehicles themselves are starting to arrive at dealerships around the country but I still do not (definitively) know what features are offered as I can't find anything online nor do the dealerships have any brochures for the new model yet...

Also, i know they've announced an upcoming Diesel engine for both US and Canada (which I think is rumored to be the 2.2L CRDi engine currently used in European Sorentos). Is the consensus that this will become available late in this 2019 model year, or is it likely to only officially become available in the 2020 model year?

I'm interested in the 3.3L V6 Sorento for towing a ~24ft hybrid trailer (I.E. leveraging the 5000lb towing capacity), so the diesel intrigues me from a fuel economy perspective if I were to tow with the vehicle, as well as everyday use.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Regarding the diesel engine possibility--I haven't checked diesel gas prices in a while, but aren't they sufficiently high enough above regular gas prices to wipe out any benefits from the improved fuel economy?
Assuming diesel engine is 20% more efficient, and this diesel price advantage continues, Kia may have something of a marketing / product edge here.

Large markets P diesel retail in Canada for 2017 was $1.095 per liter
Large markets P regular gasoline retail in Canada for 2017 was $1.141 per liter

This is a great price to download historical Canada fuel prices

https://charting.kentgroupltd.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts