Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating on a few cars with the Rio5is on my list. Can someone measure the distance from the hatchback door to the back of the rear seats and the width of the cargo area.

this will save me a another trip to the dealer.

thanks

Something like with the depth also at the top of the rear seats.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Strange request. You're really better off doing it yourself, or taking a typical collection of suitcases to the dealer and try cramming them in. The diagram in your post seems to be a good start.

I find you get the best packing efficiency by trial and error using whatever suitcases and/or boxes your normally carry. A few times I have bought luggage specifically for a particular car.

Our Cerato hatch can take a remarkable quantity of "stuff" with the rear seats folded. Sometimes it's better to store boxes etc. on the rear seat and in the rear foot-wells instead of folding. A luggage strap to control loosely-stored stuff is a good idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange request. You're really better off doing it yourself, or taking a typical collection of suitcases to the dealer and try cramming them in. The diagram in your post seems to be a good start.

I find you get the best packing efficiency by trial and error using whatever suitcases and/or boxes your normally carry. A few times I have bought luggage specifically for a particular car.

Our Cerato hatch can take a remarkable quantity of "stuff" with the rear seats folded. Sometimes it's better to store boxes etc. on the rear seat and in the rear foot-wells instead of folding. A luggage strap to control loosely-stored stuff is a good idea.
The diagram above is for the Soul.

I don't need the dimensions for language but for something else. If someone could do me this favor it would save me 2 hours driving to the dealership and back.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
The diagram above is for the Soul.

I don't need the dimensions for language but for something else. If someone could do me this favor it would save me 2 hours driving to the dealership and back.
no that's the Rio (it says so on it) as it was me that downloaded that photo and modified it with extra details showing imperial measurements. :D

Why not just phone the dealer and ask them to do it for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the picture from a Soul site and they said it was really a Soul.

I can't recognize the difference in Soul and Rio5 cargo areas yet so I assumed they were correct.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I got the picture from a Soul site and they said it was really a Soul.

I can't recognize the difference in Soul and Rio5 cargo areas yet so I assumed they were correct.
like I said it does say Rio on the photo, here is the Soul.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
If it's for something special, you'd be better off checking yourself. Too many chances for error. e.g. Angle of rear seat-backs. Also, some rear seats slide forward as a unit, making more cargo room.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio LX (auto)
47 Posts
i can tell you i fit three suitcases in my trunk of my 13 rio hatch space is fairly big for a compact car

·
Registered
2013 RIO5, 2000 GMC Jimmy, 1996 Astro Van, 2004 New Beetle Convertible
126 Posts
Just ran out at lunch and did a quick measure. Take note these area approx numbers and there are lots little curves and stuff....

Middle front to back at .....
floor = 27"
at seat height = 18"

Width at ....
floor = 42"
at tailgate opening = 36"

I also measured rear seat folded down with passenger seat all the way up and forward, to the passenger seat back as 64"

I am guessing a box would have to be 35" wide and not much more than 24" high to be able to fit through the hatch opening, depending how deep it is...
hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts