Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a post below inquiring about replacing a lost key & remote for a 2010 Sedona EX with the luxlury pkg (6 button remote with "immobilizer" key).

Well, I replaced the lost one & all is good; but now the original has been located & is on it's way to me. I will have 3 keys with remotes. I'm wondering what could happen if I attempt to start the car with the "lost" key now that programming work has been done for the replacement. I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance that it's chip has been deleted from the system's recoginition & that it will now "immobilize" the ignition. Advice needed.

What about the remote? I don't think trying it will do any harm, although the van may not recognize it anymore.

Is the system on the van capable of having 3 operating keys &/or remotes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I contacted Kia via their corporate web site, and was told that my van can only support two keys at a time.
So, glad to get the lost one back, but will have to just store it in case we ever lose one of the current ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cost of reprogramming?

Can you tell me what kia charges for reprogramming one of the transmitters? i bought a used 2006 EX and one of the transmitters doesn't work. The red light comes on (and I put in a fresh battery), but the doors don't unlock or open, so I'm thinking that somehow it needs to be reprogrammed. Wondering how expensive this will be?

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts