Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SX w/AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new 2020 Sorento SX. In order to activate Android Auto, I plug my phone into the USB port in the center of the dash. I'd like to be able to also play my iPod Nano 2nd Generation at the same time, but of course now the USB port is occupied. So I purchased a USB/Aux converter and plugged that into the AUX receptacle. The car recognizes it (says something like AUX Connected), but there's no way to control the iPod from the car and no volume even if I control the iPod directly.

Is there any solution to being able to use Android Auto and an iPod at the same time? I also tried plugging the iPod into all of the other USB ports, but no luck on that.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,308 Posts
Brand new 2020 Sorento SX. In order to activate Android Auto, I plug my phone into the USB port in the center of the dash. I'd like to be able to also play my iPod Nano 2nd Generation at the same time, but of course now the USB port is occupied. So I purchased a USB/Aux converter and plugged that into the AUX receptacle. The car recognizes it (says something like AUX Connected), but there's no way to control the iPod from the car and no volume even if I control the iPod directly.

Is there any solution to being able to use Android Auto and an iPod at the same time? I also tried plugging the iPod into all of the other USB ports, but no luck on that.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Kia Forum

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
144 Posts
I don't play music using a second device. You can stream from your Android device using Google music, or play any music that is stored on your device while connected and using Android Auto. Your model may even support two bluetooth devices and you can connect that way, but the system isn't made to plug in more than one device at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts