Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wanting to put some 18s on mine but it seems like they only suggest 17 max. Any reason why ? Also, is it hard to install halo hids on a 2009 optima ?

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,412 Posts
The Optima should be able to support 18s. The proper 18" tire size is 225/45/18. I actually test fit a set of 10/11MY Soul! wheels on my optima, and if the offset had been correct, there would be set on it right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
18" wheels shouldn't be a problem as long as you get the correct aspect ratio tire.
why do u think it will look silly? Ive tried to find photos of 09 optimas but cant find any. If any of you have 18s please post them. Id like to add some black wheels to my optima. I found one pic and it looked really nice.

·
Registered
2006.5 kia optima
6 Posts
I have a set of 18" Konigs on my 6.5 optima and they look terrific. 20" would fit just fine as well. Don't know why anyone would say that they would look silly when 18" rims are a standard option for certain Kia's.

·
Registered
2008 Magentis EX 2.4
16 Posts
I sent you a private message, look at my proflie I have black 17's on my 08 magentis, dealer had a list of wheels I could choose from, and 18's were listed

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I have a set of 18" Konigs on my 6.5 optima and they look terrific. 20" would fit just fine as well. Don't know why anyone would say that they would look silly when 18" rims are a standard option for certain Kia's.
18s and 20s just don't look right, IMO. The requisite low-profile tyres look like thin strips of rubber applied around the rims. They don't do a very good job of insulating the car from road shocks, and there are consistent reports of poorer handling and rougher ride.

Take a look at F1 cars and other high-speed racers. The tyres are about 45 profile at a minimum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts