Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2006 EX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,
On my Kia Sedona 2006, using the center heater control panel in the cabin, I can adjust temp, AC, and air mode. However, once a temp, fan speed, or air mode are set, they change frequently, and often constantly, sometimes every few seconds. Sometimes, the settings are held for a few minutes before a change. Also, the temperature goes from Fahrenheit to Celcius at random, and switches back at random. I have to repeatedly, check to make sure my kids are not overheating in the back. Is this a sensor problem somewhere, or is it bad heater control assembly?
On Kiapartsnow.com, heater control assumbly (part # 972504D200VA) is $820.52.
I appreciate your help. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,927 Posts
Hi there,
On my Kia Sedona 2006, using the center heater control panel in the cabin, I can adjust temp, AC, and air mode. However, once a temp, fan speed, or air mode are set, they change frequently, and often constantly, sometimes every few seconds. Sometimes, the settings are held for a few minutes before a change. Also, the temperature goes from Fahrenheit to Celcius at random, and switches back at random. I have to repeatedly, check to make sure my kids are not overheating in the back. Is this a sensor problem somewhere, or is it bad heater control assembly?
On Kiapartsnow.com, heater control assumbly (part # 972504D200VA) is $820.52.
I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2006 EX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resolved the issue by replacing the heater control assembly part # 972504D200VA. Got a used OEM part from eBay for $60; cheaper compared to a dealer price of $850+.
Followed instructions from a couple of videos on YouTube for how to install car stereo on this vehicle; this process would also partly include the major steps of replacing the heater control assembly. Works well.
Here is a guide:
Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts