Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX 6 CYL.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and excited to be a new member! I have a brief question. I searched the site for an answer and came across many posts on how to locate and install but one piece of the puzzle I need is missing.

I noticed on the new filter I purchased has an ''air flow'' arrow, but, on the old dirty filer, it did not have one! Question is, when replacing the new filter, should the arrow be pointing down or up?

My best guess is pointing down because when I removed the old filter, debris were on top of the filter. Anyways, where should the arrow point? Just making sure. :)

Thank you to everyone

Carl

·
Banned
79 Posts
Hello and welcome!

You got it, which ever direction the air will be flowing through the filter is the direction the arrow should be pointing. If down was clean and the top of the old filter was dirty, then down is right. Dirt is obviously always on the 'outside' of the filter (if it's doing it's job that is lol).

Good luck!

(P.s Youtube is a great source for finding info on do it yourself stuff, sometimes you just have to change your wording in the search and you'll find all sorts of stuff there, from replacing filters, learning guitar, to building a rocket, probably lol)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts