Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, just signed up today as been browsing as a guest for some time and figured i may be able to help others from my many cars faults being fixed in the past...

but for now yet another problem

My Vehicle
2003 KIA SEDONA
2.9 CRDI
MANUAL GEARBOX

earlier this week my car started playing up and went in to limp mode again, stopping at 2600 revs

took it to my mechanic and his hooked up his diagnostic machine and it came back with

Engine management fault
UNKNOWN FAULT C30FF

Anyway he has no idea what it could be without a dealership diagnostic.

so now i am resorting to searching around on forums looking for answers or hiring someone with a Diagnostic machine that can help. Cash is very tight right now as im getting married in a week so any help to know how serious this is would be gratefully received as i'm getting married 112 miles away in the brides home town and want to make sure my vehicle is up to the journey on the motorway with the kids in.

cheers in advance to anyone that can help in any way.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
Well... reading your post I can say with assurance that money won't get better "after" getting married a second time :)
Sorry had to do that!

I see your have a crdi (no kia diesels in the "states")... Lots of posts on restricted power and RPMs that went back to either the fuel pump or the fuel filter being plugged.. Have your mechanic do a fuel flow test...where the fuel line is disconnected and the amount of fuel is measured in one minutes time..
If the engine can't get enough fuel when the demand is higher (higher RPMs) it will self limit.
Just an idea that came to mind...
Good Luck on your second marriage and hope she's a good "mum" to your kids.. (my second marriage is in it's 30th year so they do tend to go better than the first).
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... reading your post I can say with assurance that money won't get better "after" getting married a second time :)
Sorry had to do that!

I see your have a crdi (no kia diesels in the "states")... Lots of posts on restricted power and RPMs that went back to either the fuel pump or the fuel filter being plugged.. Have your mechanic do a fuel flow test...where the fuel line is disconnected and the amount of fuel is measured in one minutes time..
If the engine can't get enough fuel when the demand is higher (higher RPMs) it will self limit.
Just an idea that came to mind...
Good Luck on your second marriage and hope she's a good "mum" to your kids.. (my second marriage is in it's 30th year so they do tend to go better than the first).
Dave
hi dave thanks for the response. dont know where you read that you thought this was the 2nd marrage??? but no its my first.... LOL as you were saying :D

anyway... as far as the RPM and limp mode goes, i have had no less than a dozen issues all resulting in this happening most recently an injector. so i could have my mechanic try all sorts and not find the issue and cost me a lot in the process. However this code had been read using OBD machine and code is C30FF and im hoping that someone here can pinpoint what issue this is exactly. My mechanic does have a feeling that it will be diesel related as "most" unknown issues that arnt covered by his diagnostics machine are diesel related and his machine isnt 100% compatible with the imports.

FORGOT TO MENTION BEFORE - this fault code has been reset and is now running fine however it could just be a matter of time till it resuffaces i could do with knowing what it is.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
You mentioned your "kids in"...I took it from that and also that you were getting married to mean you had them with your first...Oh well... Logic failed me...
Wives do cost you more than being single though...
The tests I suggested are still good though :). Can you get above 2600RPMs now?
Anyway good luck with your marriage and your Sedona..
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah dave no worries no offence taken.

yeah i can get above 2600 revs now. since it has been reset. however i have no idea if the error will resurface and if so when. I really just wanted to know what this error actually was and if any action needed to be taken.

cheers in advance
mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts