Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 years of owning a 2011 SX it is time to say goodbye. The Sportage has been a great car for road trips and around town and the 2.0 t-gdi has been great with loads of power and good fuel economy all while running 87 octane fuel. I'd definitely buy it all over again but for now with a new baby and the piles of stuff that must come along on road trips we needed something a little bigger. The timing worked out that we got a great price on a very low miles Lexus RX450h from a friends in-laws, but the Sportage will surely be missed as it was so much more fun to drive.

The last couple days I replaced windshield, battery, did an oil change, belt replacement, detailing, and took a portrait to remember her by. She is looking great and running great, hopefully the new owner enjoys her as much as I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
527 Posts
grats, Lexus is always nice. Car and Driver really bashed its 7.4s 0 to 60 time. But they they said it has a nice smooth ride.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Lexus is a great car just as is it's owner Toyota is... Reliability for many miles...
I hope you enjoy your "new" car and will come back and visit us here...
Dave

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grats, Lexus is always nice. Car and Driver really bashed its 7.4s 0 to 60 time. But they they said it has a nice smooth ride.
KIA was definitely faster than the RX, but RX is a smoother ride. Also, I prefer the KIA nav system over the Lexus and it's stupid joystick thingie.
The vast majority of cars I've owned have been turbos and the wife gets the RX for her daily duties while I have the Focus RS so I'll still be enjoying a boosted car.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lexus is a great car just as is it's owner Toyota is... Reliability for many miles...
I hope you enjoy your "new" car and will come back and visit us here...
Dave
I'll probably still be here fairly often because it's kind of a habit to check in and see if there is anything I know how to answer. Muscle memory starts typing out "kia-forums" before I even know where I want to go.

·
Registered
2013 sportage SX
108 Posts
After 8 years of owning a 2011 SX it is time to say goodbye. The Sportage has been a great car for road trips and around town and the 2.0 t-gdi has been great with loads of power and good fuel economy all while running 87 octane fuel. I'd definitely buy it all over again but for now with a new baby and the piles of stuff that must come along on road trips we needed something a little bigger. The timing worked out that we got a great price on a very low miles Lexus RX450h from a friends in-laws, but the Sportage will surely be missed as it was so much more fun to drive.

The last couple days I replaced windshield, battery, did an oil change, belt replacement, detailing, and took a portrait to remember her by. She is looking great and running great, hopefully the new owner enjoys her as much as I did.
congrats on the new vehicle. How many miles did you have on the sporty?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
congrats on the new vehicle. How many miles did you have on the sporty?
95k, only issues we ever had were wastegate actuator adjustment 2 years ago and the interior blower fan was replaced under warranty at about 5k miles. Wasn't really planning on selling at this time but the Lexus came up at a really good price and the wife had been wanting something a little bigger.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Did you ever post pics of the RS? If not, do so plz.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever post pics of the RS? If not, do so plz.
Probably haven't posted RS pictures here before. It's a 2016 and I've put about 25k miles on it now. Tons of fun, but really though I would have thoroughly enjoyed the Sportage SX if it was available with a manual. Probably would have kept the KIA for myself instead of the wife driving it the last couple years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Probably haven't posted RS pictures here before. It's a 2016 and I've put about 25k miles on it now. Tons of fun, but really though I would have thoroughly enjoyed the Sportage SX if it was available with a manual. Probably would have kept the KIA for myself instead of the wife driving it the last couple years.
Bro, I said the same thing. I hated that you could only get the Sportage in a manual in the most base model possible. I nice 6spd in the SX AWD would be so much fun.

Good looking RS, Ford has really been stepping their game up over the last decade. I am still determined to find myself a Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts