Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be able to tell me how to change out the left rear door actuator on a 2006 Kia Spectra? I'm able to remove the door panel, but unfortunately the door actuator isn't easily reached. Currently it buzzes very loudly everytime I start the car, or lock, unlock the door via the remote. I'm hoping someone might have an illustration of how to remove/replace. Also, is there a prefered vendor in which to purchase a new one from? I'm hopeful that it is the door actuator, as not certain it can be anything else. Certainly open to suggestions, and looking forward to receiving some feedback. .. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
I would bet on the actuator too. Rockauto.com is a great online parts site. Their prices are great and they ship promptly. You also have the wrecking yard option. Go to this site and register, it is like the KIA bible. I will admit it is a little hard to navigate at times but it is well worth it.
https://www.kiatechinfo.com/index.asp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't source documentation pertaining to actuator assembly

Kiazilla, I appreciate the information regarding the Kia site. Unfortunately I was unable to locate any information on that site pertaining to the assembly/disassembly of the door actuator. I was able to source the actuator, but some sites have a complete assembly of the entire locking mechanism, and some just have the actual actuator itself. Just need to figure out how to get it removed so I can determine exactly what I need. What I'm hoping someone can provide is a diagram that shows what the requirement is of getting it out of the door panel itself. Appreciate the info you provided, but if you have additional sites/information I'd certainly be appreciative... thanks

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Sounds like it's time for the learn as you go method. I checked KGIS and could not find any disassembly info. One longshot you can try is to check the other years for the info. I have found a few glitches like that on the site where the info varies acording to the year you are looking up. :huh:

·
Registered
2005 Spectra SX
30 Posts
Is there an update on your actuator? mine has been buzzing for about 3 years when locking either manually or remotely. i can hear the motor still turning after it locks too. I also suspect actuator (although still hoping it is a faulty relay?).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts