Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 kia niro lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the an option to buy a brand new Kia NIRO LX hybrid, where the 2021 and 2020 model cost the same. The catch to get the 2021 is as follow:

• I pay Motor Vehicle cost for registration. around $300. The 2020 model is inclusive of this cost.
  • I need to go through financing and pay 3.25% interest to be eligible for the same pricing. This is not a problem. Dealer suggest I can just take advantage of the deal and after 3 months, pay off the car. The interest rate for 3 months will be less than $80
I'm very cost conscious and actually have decided to get the 2020 model until I was presented with this deal.
I'm having problem deciding. What's new in the 2021 that justify paying $400 - $500 extra? So far from what I have researched, I'm seeing these:
  • Negligible Fuel efficiency (+1 city, -1 highway) in 2021 model
  • Unlimited map update (dont really care. use my phone for direction anyway)
  • Rear Occupancy sensor. Don't have kids or dogs. Wife will always sit in front. So this is pointless
  • Android/Apple auto without cable. I'd rather get the $500 and use 1 cable.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
1,060 Posts
Higher resale value when it's time to sell it as it's a year newer. For $400 it would be a no-brainer for me, I'd go for the newer model. The only thing that might tip the balance is the included options on the two cars. If they are equipped the same, go for the new model year.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EX Premium
15 Posts
Having had to use the cable every time in my 2019 Niro for Android Auto... I think that I'd pay, just for that feature of the the life of the car. Saves your phone from having the plug in and out every time. The map update is also the software update for the center console screen. I get them in my 2019. Not sure how the 2020 wouldn't get them. I have my memory card sitting here ready to do an update now!

All that said... I'm the type who'd pay a little extra for the newer model :)

·
Registered
2021 kia niro lx
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for all the replies. I ended up getting the 2021 model for $24K out the door plus MV fee. I actually decided to go with the 2020 model, but the dealership that was offering the 2020 model was a bit tricky when I was closing the deal, wanting $800+ more compared to what we agreed to. It became a no brainer!

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
1,060 Posts
I ended up getting the 2021 model for $24K out the door plus MV fee. I actually decided to go with the 2020 model, but the dealership that was offering the 2020 model was a bit tricky when I was closing the deal, wanting $800+ more compared to what we agreed to. It became a no brainer!
Car dealers are like that lots of times. :D A couple car purchases ago, I actually got all the way to the car before the salesman came running out to tell me they were honoring the agreed upon price. :p Obviously, that ploy works for them some of the time or they'd stop doing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.