Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a member (parahandy) :thumbsup: , I now have a deal on the table for an XSE at £20k from a dealer in Aberdeenshire (Nice guy too).

He imports Sorentos from Cyprus… Full UK spec and warranty registered with KIA (Not UK though but still valid in UK)
Got to pop up the road to Scotland to pick it up (I’m in Kent) or he’ll split the £200 transport cost with me… (I think I’ll pick it up)
The closest I can get to the price with a UK car is £21,586 from Mirconet. http://www.micronetshowroom.co.uk/versions...ORENTO&Body=5OD
At the moment I want to fly up there and rip his arm off for it, but I want to get any concerns or thoughts from the masses before I part with my money.

What are your thoughts and what would you do in my position chaps? :crying:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
paul, MAKE SURE its xse and not xs. dont want you travelling all the way from kent to find out its not what you thought!!! again i say MAKE SURE!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of things that are odd but swallowable...
No 18" alloys, by the looks of it.
and no SatNav

What do you think going by the pics! Anything else that looks smelly? or is it a goer?

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
Doesnt look like an XSE to me !!!!!

I've an XS purchased new on an 04 plate that I've had the windows tinted BEFORE the XSE came out & these pics look identical apart from my chrome side bars.

Part of the XSE appeal is the new alloys ...... try reselling it as an XSE without them & see where you get !!

Perhaps your import idea wasnt such a good buy after all .......................

:crying:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Lets say (worst case) it is an XS with some extras....
That said, 20K flat for a XS is still a great deal no? best I've seen is 21k

Still umming about it though :crying:

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
This is definitely NOT an XSE. This car is a sideways import with stuff like headlamp washers and the Bontec audio with steering wheel remote. I used to buy Troopers this way and the techie small print was different. I would check things like injector rates etc. just to cover yourself before you buy.
Also, the Pan European Warranty which must legally come with this car need only be for one year and without the breakdown cover.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yup, not an XSE, and an old spec XS, not even a 2005 UK spec car, wrong dash trim for a start.

Bits your missing from UK spec XSE
Sat Nav
18" alloys
Latest 'sport' headlights
Brushed alloy trim

Even going on your best XS offer your only saving £1500, not a lot for an old spec car, does it come with the full 3 year warranty and recovery package?
Recovery will cost £150 a year alone?

not quite a bargain as first thought.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that chaps..... :thumbsup:

KIA UK say.. "YES.. 3 year warranty applies... NO on the recovery"

BTW
Micronet turns out to be a bit of a no go.. 10 - 12 week wait... internet shop that sells on behalf of the proper dealers.

Best PROPER OTR deal is £22,360 from Penton

That said... Would you buy the import for 20k?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Mark Shaw@Apr 20 2005, 12:06 PM
Part of the XSE appeal is the new alloys ...... try reselling it as an XSE without them & see where you get !!
Resell it... no no no. This is the first new car I’ve ever bought and is really to shut the wife up.
Sell it ?!?!?!?!

I intend to bury her in it. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts