Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to the forum here. My wife and I have been looking at buying a used Rondo for a little while now. We've test driven several and are very pleased with the car in general.

We have found what appears to be a good deal on one with somewhat high mileage - to be exact, it is an '08 LX with 2.4 L engine with 81,000 miles.

I'd love to hear any feedback from you all as to how reliable these vehicles are with a significant amount of miles. I'm sure I can find reliability ratings somewhere online, but would love to hear your feedback on how well they hold up, experiences, etc.

Many thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
I've had good luck with my 2009 2.4L so far, at 62K miles now. I had the fuel pump replaced under warranty around 34,000 miles. Other than that, just been normal wear and tear (shocks/struts, oil/fluids, filters, plugs, tires, brake pads/rotors, etc). I had some weird stuff happen with the head unit (would think a cd was in it, so would keep trying to change to that input...), but I found one from a wrecked 2010 on ebay. Put it in and been working fine. Motor seems smooth and strong. I don't see anything giving out anytime soon.

As far as other users with high miles, check out GMmon's thread here.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
355 Posts
My 08 EX V6 has only 33K miles on it. So far I only had the ESC sensors replaced under warranty. Everything else is in great condition. The ESC light came on sometimes at starting up and was diagnosed to be faulty sensors in the wheels last week. It was a simple job to replaced them as it took no longer than the regular oil change that was originally scheduled for.

·
Registered
2009/Kia Rondo /LX 2.4L
12 Posts
I bought my 09 Rondo LX with 168.000KM on it.. it was cheap (3500$ can). very happy with it. no problems so far. drives fine. it does make sort of noise from the front right side but i guess i just need to change the bearing..other than that drives like an SUV and feels like one..very happy with it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

I purchased a 2003 Carens/Rondo MkII with 130,000 miles on the clock, I knew when I purchased the car that 3rd gear was a little iffy, the MkII suffered from gearbox problems. I have now done 180,000 miles, the 3rd gear is still iffy, apart from renewing all the pads and the rear discs, and giving it a service every 6,000 miles, I have had very little trouble, apart from front suspension upper bearing, drivers side door lock breaking, and the car going into lymp mode. So I am well impressed with the car, have got a good bottle of wine ready for when it hits 200,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts