Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am thinking about buying a 2009 Kia Borrego v6 for about 13,000 and 90,000 miles. I wanted all of your advice and input. Are parts really hard to find? Let me know what you think. Thank you!
-JC

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
I have had the V8 Borrego for 2 1/2 years and still think it is the finest vehicle I have ever owned.

My experience with parts is that routine maintenance items like filters, even the cabin filter, and brake pads are generally available at your local auto parts store. If not in stock they are usually overnight items. Repair items are going to be largely dealer items and they do not stock much in house. Everything seems to be overnight supply from somewhere else.

My recent experience with a noisy AC compressor is a good example. On the first trip the noise was verified but no parts were in stock. They were required to replace the compressor clutch first and it was an overnight supply item so a second trip was required. After installation the tech determined that the compressor was the problem and that required another overnight supply and a third trip.

I am sure that this situation is due to the limited number of Borrego's sold in the US even though it continues to be sold world wide as the Mohave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2009 v6, 41K, and am on the third transmission. If you plan to tow anything, get a different vehicle. I am towing 2000, well below their listed limit. Apparently if you tow infrequently, it might be ok, but full time, forget it. Wanna buy it?????

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Ditto on what Testpoint said. My Limited is probably the best vehicle I've owned. I occasionally tow and never had an issue. Aftermarket replacement parts are readily available at most auto supply houses overnight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another happy owner here. I have a limited V8 RWD (no 4x4) and tow a 4900lb Keystone Outback 210RS camper with no problems. I actually bought my Borrego because of its tow rating - it was one of a handful of SUVs left on the market with a frame under it capable of towing anything but an 8ft popup camper.

I bought mine used with 24K miles on it about 20 months ago and now have 44K on it. My wife loves it and with Bridgestone Blizzaks on it performs just fine in the snow here in upstate NY even though it is only RWD. I found it online at a dealer 5 hours from my home - we drove my 2003 Explorer down to look at it, made the deal, then drove the Borrego home. My wife and I could not believe how much QUIETER the ride home was in the Borrego compared to the Explorer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts