Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Sportage EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,
New here. Great forum! I just bought a 2002 Sporty and I am going to do the usual. Lift and new tires. Tune up. This forum is awesome so thanks to all the contributors. My question is about getting a new bumper and winch put on it. Any tips on new bumper installs or a link to past threads? What do most guys do? Adapt a jeep bumper? Any tips on where to find prefabbed exterior parts? Not really anything available on line? Thanks and I look forward to getting my new rig into bush shape. Hunting season is coming!!
Humper

·
Registered
97 Sportage,Landrover Disco II
98 Posts
Unfortunately most of this will need to be custom made. I think you can still get an alloy bullbar from ECB East Coast Bullbars - Australian Made Bullbars. World's Best Alloy Bullbars . Not winch comparable though.

I see vehicles in Malaysia with what appears to be ARB style bull bars fitted with winches but have never been able to find a POC. Also Russia has a lot of utube video showing shortages with what appears to be aftermarket supported winch bars.

You can get some suspension parts diff locks and 5.38 ring and pinions From Korea if you are going bigger tyres.

Kaiser from Brasil also make a front diff lock for the Sportage.

4x4 wire also has a good Sportage forum on it but is bare
y active any more. there are a couple of very good build threads there of fitting a winch Compatable bull bar onto a Sportage.

Its a shame that the aftermarket industry didn’t get behind the Sportage like a Suzuki Vitara Or tracker I think they are called in America as the sportage is a very capable vehicle and built like a tank underneath.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
2002 Sportage EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. I checked out 4x4 wire and like you say, not much going on. Thanks for the tips, I'll email ECB and see if they sell here in Canada. like the bumper they have. Looks like it would last longer than the truck ever will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts