Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No trouble out of this 2012 kia Rio until today, started the car up this morning to warm up, 15 minutes later open the door and the whole inside of the car smelt like burnt plastic or an electrical smell. Checked engine bay, and underneath the car, no smell outside of the car, checked the cabin filter, its clean. If I switch to cool air, not ac, the smell goes away. As soon as I switch to heat, them smell comes right back. It's not a antifreeze smell, I've had heater core issues with other vehicles, I know what that smells like, this is different. Fan runs quiet, heat works just stinks badly.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
No trouble out of this 2012 kia Rio until today, started the car up this morning to warm up, 15 minutes later open the door and the whole inside of the car smelt like burnt plastic or an electrical smell. Checked engine bay, and underneath the car, no smell outside of the car, checked the cabin filter, its clean. If I switch to cool air, not ac, the smell goes away. As soon as I switch to heat, them smell comes right back. It's not a antifreeze smell, I've had heater core issues with other vehicles, I know what that smells like, this is different. Fan runs quiet, heat works just stinks badly.
hi! I have the same problem, but without answer. If you find out something please share! :)
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts