Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 KIA SEPHIA/LS. Often when I drive up a steady, steep grade such as Gorham Hill or through the notches(route 16) from Berlin to North Conway, NH the car emits a "burning hair" smell. The temperature guage reads normal, I've tried overdrive and no overdrive...there is no difference. Once I am beyond the hill, the smell goes away. Call me a paranoid woman, but should I be concerned?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from Berlin, NH What part of Northern Vermont are you from? Maybe what I'm smelling is hot wires...does that make sense? I don't know...its like I said it only does it when I'm pushing it...of course some of these mountains are pretty tough on a 4 cylinder. Some cars smell when climbing these grades...I don't smell that in mine, mine smells different...could it be because it is KOREAN? lol I'm not dissing my KIA, I love it, but this has me concerned...I don't want to go up in flames.
Thanks, for e mailing me back.
Kim:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.