Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Bump stops (Facelift) were replaced this weekend.

Passenger side looked ok, but when removed lots of fatigue cracks evident.

Driver's side very tatty!

Last picture shows new (yes, very white) stops in place after a short test drive. They do make a difference. There was a pronounced 'over-roll' towards the drivers side on tighter bends which is now improved (bearing in mind my over-contribution to loading!).

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDi
11 Posts

Last picture shows new (yes, very white) stops in place after a short test drive. They do make a difference. There was a pronounced 'over-roll' towards the drivers side on tighter bends which is now improved (bearing in mind my over-contribution to loading!).
Hi, I am new on this site, please forgive me for butting in here.
The bump stops on my Sorento were in worse condition than yours, in fact the N/S one was totally missing. My question is how are the new bump stops attached to the steel mounts as these seem very rusty its a job to see?
Car5

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stops are a push fit. The mount is held on to the chassis with a bolt. You can either buy the stops on their own as I did or there are stops complete with mount and a captive bolt available on line.These you just have to screw in once the old bolt and mount are removed. (By far the best if the mounts have rusted away as some others have.)

I fitted the stops using pipe wrench or similar to compress laterally and squeeze in to the mount. (similar for removal).

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
733 Posts
Thanks for the post and photos to boot!

Did you replace these because you visually saw they were deteriorated, or was the vehicle suspension acting up?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like yours has different mounts to mine. Mine is a lot shallower and has a single, central bolt mounting. I would have to guess either push fit or screw on (whole mounting acting as 'female' side). iirc SGPetch sell the mountings like yours.

·
Registered
Year 2007, Kia Sorento 2.5 Turbo Diesel (Non VGT)
6 Posts

Get some spray paint job down there. It is rusting badly.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get some spray paint job down there. It is rusting badly.
That's not bad for UK! Dealer has already done it once under warranty. Car is worth so little now that it does not merit extra work. When it goes, it goes. I don't use it enough either. However, I did rust treat and paint the bump stop retainers while I was in there.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,339 Posts
That's not bad for UK! Dealer has already done it once under warranty. Car is worth so little now that it does not merit extra work. When it goes, it goes. I don't use it enough either. However, I did rust treat and paint the bump stop retainers while I was in there.
Sounds like your "rust gremlins" are just as nasty over there as they are here on the Buffalo, NY(western end of NY) USA ! That's why I buy "older rides for no more than $4,000 US, fix up mechanicals(DIY) and run them for 4-5 years till the body rot finishes them off ! Sure beats paying more for a NEW car than my house is worth and then stressing over every hiccup or scratch that appears on a NEW vehicle.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Ah Buffalo! 15 years Toronto/Burlington/Hamilton .... I know.
So what made you jump back across the "POND"? You're not old enough to have been part of our little revolt or the 1812 Invasion(certain other details deleted)....LOL :rolleyes::LOL:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quite acceptable reasons, But other than the local "rust gremlins" ...It is a wonderful area here we speak of...IN THE SUMMER SEASON. !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts