Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Sorento LX I4 GDI FWD, '01 Pontiac Montana
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer replace the passenger headlight (lo beam), passenger brake light, and center brake light when I had my oil changed, about 5k miles, less than 3 months ago. Now the headlight and passenger brake light are out again. Seems to me like they should have lasted longer than that, I'll go to the dealer Tuesday and talk to them about it, but I'm wondering if somethings shorting out.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,512 Posts
There is a revised harness out for the headlights. Or get a larger amp capacity battery. I replaced mine and have not had a bulb out for 2 years.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
I would make sure all electrical connections are clean and that the terminal tension is good. Poor electrical connections will cause bulbs to fail prematurely.

Also, make sure the correct bulbs were installed and that they were installed correctly. There are a couple different bulb numbers(different wattages) that will fit into the brake lamp socket, and they only go in one way but somehow people still manage to jam them in incorrectly at times.

The revised harness mentioned does not apply to your year.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,512 Posts
Wasn't sure about the harness but I thought I would throw it out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I didn't put them in. The dealer did when I got my last oil change. They are actually close to the cheapest in town and right around the corner from me.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul Base, 2014 Kia Sportage LX + Pop Package
395 Posts
Oddly enough, when I had my stereo system installed (amp + 12" sub) and a new deck, my bulb issue went away. Used to burn through headlamps like nobody's business.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had them replaced today, the dealer gives 1 yr/12k miles. Said they tested and the wiring all seems fine, but they had it in the bay less than 10 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts